Monday, December 17, 2012

NOTD: China Glaze Ahoy!

Hello again!  Sorry to have missed posting on Friday - we had some last-minute changes of plan and I ended up leaving home with naked nails.  -collective gasp-  Actually, it seems like I've had naked nails more often than not lately.  I'm desperately trying to get the white glue basecoat to work for me, because I hate removal and my poor cuticles don't need the acetone, but without fail the polish starts to pop off my fingers one by one within hours.  Eventually it gets to the point where it looks ridiculous, so I peel them all off and go bare until I paint them next.  Argh!  I've tried changing my topcoat, different finishes of polish, putting basecoat on underneath the glue (makes it nigh impossible to peel), wiping my nails with acetone before polishing...the list goes on.  I feel like I'm either going to have to give it up or decide to live with the limited up-time.  :(  If anyone else has had similar problems with the glue basecoat and worked out a solution, let me know!!

Anyway.  Today's NOTD is China Glaze Ahoy!, my favorite pink in my whole collection.  It's a perfect berry pink that's not too bright and not too pale, and it's full of gold-to-red glass fleck shimmer.  Squishy, deep, sparkly.. this baby has it all.  Lest you think I kid, I have included this in my list of Top 20 Polishes on the nail board every year since it came out.

The glass fleck finish was really hard for my camera to catch, so my lighting today might look a bit different than usual...



In the sunlight the color washes out a little, but the glass fleck shines.



That's it for today!  Hope you love Ahoy! as much as I do.  And if you have any protips for using a glue basecoat, leave 'em in the comments!  Thanks for reading!

as always... innocuous


(Products featured in this post were purchased with my own money.)

No comments: