Monday, December 3, 2012

NOTD: SH-XW Lacey Lilac

I think lavender is one of the colors I wear most often.  There's something about it that's so feminine and delicate.  Today's NOTD features Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Lacey Lilac, a polish with a name that drives me crazy (why "lacey" and not "lacy"??) but a color I love.  I picked this one up in an LE display a few years ago, but there are plenty of similar lilac colors out there (Revlon Gumdrop comes to mind).

For some extra sparkle, I topped it off with Nicole by OPI One Less Lonely Glitter, which is one of the Bieber polishes.  I'm not really a Bieber fan, but between the unique color of the glitter in this polish and the mix of dainty little hexes with tiiiiiny little glitter bits really called my name.  This collection came out almost two years ago (I think), but I feel like I still see it around every now and then.

This is two coats of SH-XW Lacey Lilac with one coat of NOPI One Less Lonely Glitter:


(please excuse my dry skin and cuticles - I forgot to moisturize before I took pics!)


And in indoor light:




What do you think?  Isn't this combination pretty?  Something about the color and the tiny subtle glitter seems really refreshing to me!

Thanks for reading! 

as always.... innocuous


(Polishes featured in this post were purchased with my own money.)

No comments: