Tuesday, December 11, 2012

NOTD: Nfu Oh 51

My NOTD today was my first true lemming and my first "expensive" polish buy.  I first saw swatches of this rainbow-y bad boy on Scrangie and could not stop thinking about it!  Back then flakies were pretty much unheard of, ha.  Anyway Nfu Oh 51 remains one of my most coveted polishes, both because of the memories I have associated with it, and because it's still a gorgeous and unique color!

You can build 51 to opacity in 3-4 coats on it's own, but I usually layer it to conserve the precious.  Today I decided to layer it over Ulta Moody Blues, a dark blue creme.  

Here's two coats of Moody Blues by itself:


Then I added one coat of Nfu Oh 51:


You can see the multichrome flakes best in shade or low indoor lighting.  They look orange head-on, but shift from pink to turquoise at various angles.


Under bright indoor lighting, the multichrome disappears.  Instead, the polish looks like a purple with pinky-copper sparkle.  Still pretty!



You can purchase Nfu Oh 51 at fabuloustreet.com, where I bought mine years ago!  Hope you liked this manicure as much as I did.  :)

as always... innocuous


(Products featured in this post were purchased with my own money.)



No comments: