Thursday, December 13, 2012

NOTD: Holiday Glitz

I headed out to the mall today to brave the crowds and try to finish up my Christmas shopping.  To get into the holiday spirit, I decided to try a festive manicure with China Glaze Party Hearty.  Party Hearty is fabulous, but it's definitely a polish that you can really only wear at Christmastime... red and green glitter isn't very versatile!  I have only gotten to wear it once (the year I bought it; last year I was in Germany and didn't have it with me), so I had to make absolutely sure I used it more this year.  I was initially going to put PH over a silver or a white, but as I was going through my stash my sister suggested gold - kudos to her, because I think it's a perfect combination!  I used two coats of Orly Luxe, a cool-toned gold foil, and topped it with one coat of Party Hearty.

It finally got cold here, so my fingers look a bit shrivel-y in these pictures.  I don't have wrinkly hands normally, I promise!


Orly Luxe is so incredibly shiny in real life!  I can't believe this has been languishing in my untrieds.


Admittedly I didn't think Luxe looked great on my skin tone... it seems I can't wear really cool-toned golds OR really warm-toned golds (OPI Goldeneye looks weird on me too).  I wonder what that means? 


Orly Luxe was an old LE, but I think it might have gone core??  Don't quote me though.  ChG Party Hearty was a holiday LE two years ago and unfortunately has become a bit hard-to-find.  I have heard that there's an off-brand dupe right now at some Wal-Marts though!

In spite of the color not looking great on my skin tone, I totally loved this look, and even received a compliment on it from a cashier (a really rare occurrence for me)!  I think it looks really festive without being too kitschy.  

as always... innocuous

(All products featured in this post were purchased by me.)

No comments: