Tuesday, December 4, 2012

NOTD: Jelly Sandwich Time!

When swatch photos of the China Glaze Cirque du Soleil collection came out, I originally thought I could pass on all of them.... then I found out that Creative Fantasy is a jelly - a finish I'm currently obsessed with.  So I drove down to Sally's today and picked it up (and grabbed it a friend so it wouldn't be lonely ;) )!

On the first coat Creative Fantasy looked a lot like Milani Rad Purple (another favorite jelly).  However, another coat transformed it into the deep-yet-bright true purple I'd seen in other bloggers' photos.  Yes! I then made a jelly sandwich with Essence Glorious Aquarius, a mix of light blue small and large hex glitter with a sprinkling of iridescent pink hexes, which I received as a going-away present when I left Germany.  I don't think this particular Essence polish is available in the US, but pretty much any glitter polish will do here.  I like to use glitters that have a mix of colors and sizes for more depth when I do a jelly sandwich.

Like most camera, mine freaks out when it encounters purples, so I had to do a little photoshopping to get the color accurate here.  The last photo is closest to what this looks like to me IRL.


Sorry about my cuticles again... it's been so dry here this winter I'm afraid this is going to be an ongoing problem. :(


I took these pictures in the evening, so no sunlight shots today!  


I love love love Creative Fantasy - I predict I'm going to get tons of wear out of this!  I couldn't capture how the color just glows in the right light... it is so much more beautiful in person! <3

Thanks for visiting!

as always... innocuous


(Polishes featured in this post were purchased with my own money or were gifts from friends.)

No comments: